April 22, 2018
CLICK HERE for Behavior Policy for K-12th grade participants at the Unitarian Church in Westport as of June 28, 2017
THIS SUNDAY, April 22, 2018
Pre-K to Grade 5 Soul Matter’s Theme: Emergent Earth
10:00 am and during 11:00 am group time for PreK-1st and 2nd-3rd graders
PRE-K-1st graders – Meet at 9:00 and 11:00 AM –
• START DIRECTLY in PINE Room – Sign out 15 minutes after the service ends.
• Unitarian Universalist Principle # 7 Care for the Earth, the home we share with all living things, play with animal figures
CLICK HERE for Pre-K -1st grade children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
2nd-3rd graders – Meet at 11:00 am
• Start in the SANCTUARY for Julio Torres’ Story then to OAK ROOM
• Activities Include: a Story about an environmentalist and a Business finding a win-win solution to their concerns about conservation of virgin prairie, SONG & rhythm instruments with Libana singing:
The Earth is our Mother (2:39 minutes)
CLICK HERE for 2-3rd grade children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
4-5th graders – Meet at 11:00 am
• Start in the SANCTUARY for Julio Torres’ Story then to BIRCH room
• Emergent Evolution – create a Timeline of Life with oil pastels – UU Source Use of reason. + Neat video >>> Symphony of Science – We are All Connected (Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye)
CLICK HERE for 4-5th children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
|Family Ministry Night: Is for Families with their children/teens
and the Congregational Family, tooCome for a weekday WORSHIP & and a short program togetherTUESDAY, MAY 1st – 7:00 to 8:00 pm
– in East Wing or out on the lawn
NO YOUTH GROUP YOUTH GROUP CLASSES FOR
April 22, 2018
• 6th-7th Graders: No classes – kindly attend service. .
• 8th-9th grades: No classes – most youth on Boston trip. – Kindly attend service.
• 10th-12th grades: No classes. Most returning from weekend Con. Kindly attend service
Friday, April 20th showing of
has been postponed to Friday, May 11.
The next Friday Night at the Movies will be on Friday, May 4th, 6:00-10:00 pm (PLEASE be prompt), Meeting House, main floor: The first movie will start PROMPTLY at 6:30. There will be a 10 minute break between films and the second one will follow. There will be no money donation collected at this event; though future events may be fundraisers (if approved and all TUCW procedures followed).
The first film we will be showing will be:
The second film will be:
A permission slip will be necessary for any youth and the parent MUST also be there for the second film.
CLICK HERE for the permission slip.
CLICK HERE for a printable flyer schedule of all the films being shown the rest of the church year for FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES.
• April 20-22 – Social Con at White Plains UU congregation
• April 21-22 – *8th-9th graders going to Boston as part of Coming of Age Program
• May 5 – Youth group Beach clean-up with “lock-in” at TUCW following. Adult Parent Volunteers needed for both clean-up and lock-in. Please contact Trina Wong if you have any questions, or want more details about what this will entail.
• May 6 – 8th/9th graders Coming of Age ceremony
• May 12 – 8th-9th graders Midnight Run – all welcome
• June 3 – Youth bridging graduating seniors’ “review”
• June 10 – Youth graduating seniors’ Bridging ceremony