October 22, 2017
CLICK HERE for Behavior Policy for K-12th grade participants at the Unitarian Church in Westport as of June 28, 2017
THIS WEEK INFORMATION for (Pre-K to Grade 5)
FOR PARENTS of PRE-K –Grade 5
THIS SUNDAY, October 22, 2017 At 9:00 and 11:00 am
Notes to Families about the service:
• This is a WHOLE church service: we have a 7 minute sermon and a time for paired sharing of experiences. The 3 questions are child friendly and we would love their voices and perspective to be a part of this important, timely service topic.
• If your child needs to wiggle – Bring them to the lower level PINE room lower level & sign them in the room – either before or at any time during the service.
PRE-K-and WIGGLY Children (generally younger elementary aged children)
START DIRECTLY in PINE Room – Sign out 15 minutes after the service ends.
Theme for group: Courage and Taking Action
• Part of the Book: Grandfather Gandhi by Arun Gandhi
VIDEO highlight (2:57 minutes)
• CLICK HERE for Pre-K & Wiggly children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
• 2-5th graders will start directly in the CHAPEL (Topic: Samhain). Children interested in Chapel roles – please contact Mary Collins, Children’s Program Coordinator, with their preferred time and role (Worship Leader, Tech people, Greeters & Ushers, Readers)
YOUTH GROUP INFO:
No classes – attend service please.
Thanks to the following members for work on Sunday, October 15:
1) Maria Mendoza and Jenna Jacobs, who served as youth group advisors on Sunday;
2) Cathy McElroy and Michelle Fleisher, who taught the 6th-7th graders;
3) Robert Smith, Scott Singer and Mary Megan Marshall, who taught 8th/9th grades OWL.
Advisors Needed: The Youth Group who are attending a Con at Shelter Rock, Long Island next weekend (October 20-22) are seeking an adult Youth advisor or two to accompany and possibly drive them. It can be a parent of a youth group member. If interested, please contact
Shahan Islam, Youth Program Coordinator.
CONnecticut: IT’S ALREADY IN THE NAME
NOVEMBER 11-12: TUCW and youth will host a
multi-Connecticut congregational CON on
November 11 (Sat.) 1:00 PM through November 12 8:00 AM.
CLICK HERE for a flyer for the Con.
CLICK HERE for the permission form.
MIDNIGHT RUN – NOVEMBER 18th: URGENTLY NEEDED: Clothing for the Homeless (bin in Foyer). With the weather turning colder, the homeless on our streets have a more difficult time than ever. To help, the Youth Group is collecting clothing (now till November 18) and food (November 18 only) to distribute on the evening of November 18.