January 21, 2018
CLICK HERE for Behavior Policy for K-12th grade participants at the Unitarian Church in Westport as of June 28, 2017
THIS SUNDAY, January 21, 2018
Secret Pal’s – It’s time for the January letters. Here is this month’s writing prompt: “Here are some games I like to play …” and “Here are some questions and comments I have for you…”
The boxes are still pretty full from last month so look for your mail!!!
THIS WEEK INFORMATION for (Pre-K to Grade 5)
Soul Matter’s Theme this Week: Doing the Best We Can with Intention
PRE-K-1st graders – Meet at 9:00 and 11:00 AM
• START DIRECTLY in PINE Room – Sign out 15 minutes after the service ends.
• Emily Arrow sings a song based on the story today about intentionally sending love into the world.
CLICK HERE for Pre-K -1st grade children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
CLICK HERE for 2-3rd grade children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
4-5th graders – Meet at 11:00am
• Start in the SANCTUARY for Rev. John’s Story then to BIRCH room
• Activities planned: Relish Math Mistakes game, Calming meditation, story: The Scratched Diamond (Jewish tradition)…
CLICK HERE for 4-5th children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
YOUTH GROUP INFO:
Thanks to 8th-9th graders and parents and all the clothing and food donators for the terrific Midnight Run on January 13th evening in which parents and youth went to New York city to distribute food and clothing for the homeless. Every youth who participated said he/she would like to do it again!
YOUTH GROUP CLASSES ON JANUARY 21, 2018:
• 6th – 7th grades: Meeting House, Main Floor, 10:30 am: This is a “Gillespie” Day. Meet and kindly be prepared to prepare food, take over to the Gillespie Center, 45 Jesup Road in Wesport and serve the food there. CLICK HERE for permission form
• 8th-9th grades: Meeting House, Top Floor, 10:00 am: OWL
(Our Whole Lives). Parents’ Meeting in Chapel at 10:15-10:45.
• 10th-12th grades (Youth Group): Meeting House, Lower Floor, 11:00 am
Sunday, January 28, 10:00 am (NEW DATE): EMERSON’s “NATURE” In NATURE: (meet in Courtyard): A combined hike/discussion about Ralph Waldo Emerson’s essay “Nature” with a hike from TUCW to the Leonard Schine Preserve Family Nature Trail. Youth will require written permission. If bad weather or it is extra cold, this activity will be held at the Meeting House.
CLICK HERE for Parent Permission for Participation in Emerson’s Nature in Nature.