March 18, 2018
CLICK HERE for Behavior Policy for K-12th grade participants at the Unitarian Church in Westport as of June 28, 2017
Collecting Canned Dog and Cat food NOW for our April 1st Easter Hunt and the cans will be donated to the CT Humane Society. Bring your donations to the decorated basket in the Foyer Sundays, March 11, 18, 25th please.
PRE-K-1st graders Meet at 9:00 and 11:00 AM
• START DIRECTLY in PINE Room – Sign out 15 minutes after the service ends.
• Topic: Balance: Day and Night and Spring’s coming, positive-negative art
CLICK HERE for Pre-K -1st grade children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
2nd-3rd graders Meet at 11:00 AM
• START DIRECTLY IN OAK Room – Sign out 15 minutes after the service ends.
• Topic: Spring Equinox (Adaptation of the Story of Demeter & Persephone, and find Persephone game, and Balance (ecosystem dramatic play)
CLICK HERE for 2-3rd grade children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
4-5th graders – At 11:00 AM
• START DIRECTLY IN BIRCH Room – Sign out 15 minutes after the service ends.
• Topic: Balance & Spring Equinox (Read about UU Sources of Earth based and World Traditions) Mindfulness practice, rock cairns
CLICK HERE for 4-5th grade children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
YOUTH GROUP INFO: .
YOUTH GROUP CLASSES FOR March 18, 2018
• 6th-7th Graders: 11:00 am Meeting House, Main Floor:
Maggie Blau, Dawn Kerr.
• 8th-9th grades: 10:00 am OWL. Scot Singer,
Mary Megan Marshall, Robert Smith
• 10:15: OWL Parents’ Group – Chapel – Gina Troisi
• 10th-12th grades (Youth Group): 11:00 am Meeting House, Lower Floor: TBD. Seeking Advisors.
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES!: Friday, March 16, 6:00-10:00 pm (PLEASE be prompt), Meeting House, main floor: The first movie will start PROMPTLY at 6:30. There will be a 10 minute break between movies and the second one will follow. There will be no money donation collected at this event; though future events may be fundraisers (if approved and all TUCW procedures followed).
The first film we will be showing will be:
The second film will be:
A permission slip will be necessary for any youth and the parent MUST also be there for the second film.
CLICK HERE for the permission slip.
BYOP (bring your own popcorn, pizza, pepsi): Please bring something to share at 6:00; first showing is at 6:30. Childcare will be provided during the second movie on the lower floor of the Meeting House.
CLICK HERE for a printable flyer schedule of all the films being shown the rest of the church year for FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES.
• March 24-March 25, 2:00 AM (Midnight Run) – 8th-9th graders sort clothes and prepare food to be distributed to the homeless and hungry in New York city. Kindly bring pants, jackets, underpants, socks toiletries and place in bin in sanctuary. CLICK HERE for flyer.
CLICK HERE for permission slip
• Sunday, March 25th at the Westport Stop & Shop – See elsewhere or contact Cindy Potter if more info is needed
• April 5-7 – UUUNO Intergenerational Seminar
• April 20-22 – Social Con
• April 21-22 – *8th-9th graders going to Boston as part of Coming of Age Program
• May 5 – Youth group Beach clean-up with “lock-in” at TUCW following
• May 6 – 8th/9th graders Coming of Age ceremony
• May 12 – 8th-9th graders Midnight Run – all welcome
• May 27 – Youth group graduating seniors’ bridging preparation
• June 3 – Youth bridging graduating seniors’ “review”
• June 10 – Youth graduating seniors’ Bridging ceremony