FEBRUARY 14, 2016
Complete REGISTRATION so we have your permission for your children to be active in our program, and know about allergies, behavior policy and if it’s okay if we take pictures of your children
• 2015-2016 RE REGISTRATION at http://goo.gl/forms/ygWgp8T921
Parent Communication NOTE: A short post with a little more detail about each class will be in REALM Parents Group and often information about things you might do at home to continue faith formation during the week.
If you are not receiving them please email Mary B. Collins, Director of Lifespan Faith Development & ask to be put in the Parent group for your child(ren).
Chalice Lighters – Children, Teens, Adults can all sign up to be a chalice lighter!
CLICK HERE to sign up.
Multi-generational Day – (Soup & Bake Sale for Camp Jewell if you want to grab lunch 😉
- All start and stay in the sanctuary except for Pre-K children.
- Please pick up crayons/markers as you walk in Sunday, February 14th – in the order of service will be space for you to draw & decorate a heart with words of welcome and friendship.
~ After the service, at a table in the back of the sanctuary, we will collect the hearts & create garlands to cheer recent refugees.
At 9:00 & 11:00 am
- Pre-K & any Wiggly children: Importance of Telling the Truth! + Yarn crafts – PINE Room
The Boy Who Cried Wolf – Tell the Truth! In this version of an Aesop Fable, a young child learns that if he calls “wolf” when there is no wolf, people will not trust him when he tells the truth. It’s important to tell the truth
~ Planned activities: Yarn Art, & if older children come – make God’s eyes
Older children might explore: Do you do good for goodness sake or because someone is watching you?
TAKE-It-HOME – talk about the importance of telling the TRUTH, try these LINKS when you can & the option to make a God’s eye craft
The Boy Who Cried Wolf -told by a child
SONG & claymation of the story
A child shares how to make a God’s eye yarn craft
At 10:15 am-10:45 am
- PRE-K through 5th grade PARENT MEETING – Chapel + Child care in PINE Room – RSVP to Mary B. Collins, Director of Lifespan Faith Development
At 12:00-1:30 pm
- 9-12th graders – Planning conference worship & other conference details. Either BRING Lunch or purchase soup – Meeting House –ground floor
FEBRUARY 2016 – Lifespan Faith Development Opportunities
Spiritual Practice for Theme of the month: DESIRE
What Gets You Up in the Morning? It’s a fundamental question about desire: What gets you up in the morning? One can go through their whole life not knowing the answer to that. Routine too easily takes over our lives. Something is wrong when “the alarm clock” is the primary thing that pushes us into the day. This exercise asks us to get into relationship with a different source of momentum.
Your assignment: For one week, take 10 minutes at the beginning of your day or at bedtime the night before to identify one thing you want out of the coming day. One thing that you want. In the midst of all the obligations ahead of you, what one desire do you want to make room for? Keep it simple. Maybe it is nothing more than to feel the sun on your face for five minutes. Maybe it is to connect and cook tonight’s meal with your daughter. Maybe it is to read or run or just have five minutes of silence. Just make it yours.
Share this learning with a friend or Family member. Be ready to share how claiming your desire and your days changed your excitement about waking up. ~ from Soul Matters
Saturday, February 20, 2016
- “Truth Be Told”- Memoir Writing Workshop – 10:00 am-noon The Legacy of Story, Life and Lessons with Gail Howard- back by popular demand! – Meets in East Wing – RSVP to Adult Ed.
- Facilitated Community Suicide Discussion – 4:00–6:00 pm – Sanctuary open to community, teens, adults – Led by Jim & Pat Francek. Rev. John, Cal Wacker, Mary Collins will be there!
Sunday, February 21, 2016
- 6-8th graders Parents Group –10:15-10:45 am – Chapel – Plan to attend? please RSVP to Mary B. Collins, Director of Lifespan Faith Development
- Labyrinth – Starts at 12:15 pm – East Wing Multigenerational. RSVP to Lynn Whitton . Sponsored by UU Compassionate Communication (NVC) Practice group – Event open for teens, adults, & younger children who can sit, listen, participate (with parents during this)
Sunday, February 28, 2016
- Beardsley Garden Club a Family Service Project. KICK-OFF Meet in Lower Level PINE ROOM at 10:00 am for Introduction to Gardening and this Multi-generational Club, Hands on Activity: Painting the Beardsley Garden sign, and making a Scarecrow!
~ OTHER DATES: March 13: Planting at Beardsley & April 24: Watering, weeding, and making our Garden Grow at the Beardsley School in Bridgeport.
~ If interested, please RSVP to Polly Cromwell
- 9-12th graders Parents Group –10:15-10:45 am – Chapel – Plan to attend? please RSVP to Mary B. Collins, Director of Lifespan Faith Development
- Understanding World Religions: Christianity 12:30- 2:30 pm – Sanctuary- session 2 of 2 – RSVP to Tom Hearn for information or to sign up. “Let’s explore your favorite misconceptions about Christianity…”
- YOUNG ADULTS (18-35) note two new PROGRAMS –online & off-site meetings http://ac.uua.org/index.php?action=social&chash=7ef605fc8dba5425d6965fbd4c8fbe1f.183