SEPTEMBER 24, 2017
CLICK HERE for Behavior Policy for K-12th grade participants at the Unitarian Church in Westport as of June 28, 2017
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM for Sunday September 24, 2017
Theme: Welcoming Hard Times
Pre-K-1st Gr – UU Principles 1 & 2 – Start directly in PINE Room,
• CLICK HERE for Pre-K-1st Parent Take-It-Home
2-5th Gr – Chapel worship highlighting the High Holy Days of Judaism that welcome forgiveness – UU Source: Jewish tradition
• Start directly in CHAPEL where SIGN IN & Nametags will be. At that time the children will set up the space and be invited to be take part in leading elements of the worship.
• Pick up and SIGN OUT 2-5th graders happen 15 minutes after the service ends – NOTE: 2-3rd pick up in Oak room, 4-5th pick up in Birch Room.
• CLICK HERE for 2-5th Parent Take-It-Home
SECRET PAL DEADLINE – SEPTEMBER 24, 2017
This Sunday, September 24, is the last day to sign up to participate as a Secret Pal so match ups can begin. Secret Pals write to each other 1 x month, from October through the big reveal day on March 4, 2018. For those who have already signed up you can expect an email in early October with more details.
Contact Mary Collins, Children’s Program Coordinator.
YOUTH GROUP INFO:
• SEPTEMBER 23-24: YOUTH LOCK-IN: Youth (6th-12th) are invited to a Lock-in at the Meeting House on September 23 at 1:00 pm to September 24 at 9:00 am. In addition to food and movies, there will be parent/youth basketball game, volleyball game, croquet match and a hike. There will additionally be two meetings (roughly 60 minutes each between 3:00 and 5:00 pm) during which the following will be covered: 1) introduction to past and available service work; and 2) introduction to works underlying UU faith.
CLICK HERE for the permission form for this event.
CLARIFICATION ABOUT THE LOCK-IN: Only 9th through 12th graders may stay overnight. 6th through 8th graders may stay until 9:00 PM. We love our 6th through 8th graders and will be scheduling something solely for them in the future.
STRICTLY RUMOR: Youth have been overheard saying that parents are washed up and cannot compete in sports and games. Parents have been overheard saying that youth are not capable at anything like sports and games if they have to lift their gaze from their phone screen. Again to clarify, these are rumors and were not said.
• SEPTEMBER: PARENTS/YOUTH KINDLY COMPLETE SURVEY: Parents and youth who have not completed a survey are kindly requested to do so. The survey will help improve programming and tailor it toward individual needs. CLICK HERE for the survey.
NO CLASSES/MEETINGS ON SUNDAY: There is no OWL, COA or Youth Group Meeting on Sunday in view of the lock-in. Youth (6th-12th) are encouraged to rest after the lock-in or attend service with their parents.