AUGUST 27 & 28, 2016
Complete REGISTRATION so we have your permission for your children to be active in our program, and know about allergies, behavior policy and if it’s okay if we take pictures of your children
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION – 2016-2017 ~ PARENTS OF Pre-K through 12th grade Please register now so Mary B. Collins, Director of Lifespan Faith Development, can figure out which rooms for which groups (group size and age matters). It’s particularly important for families with incoming 4-5th and 8th graders (regarding these Our Whole Lives options) to get accurate class lists to prepare. Thanks!
Parent Communication NOTE: A short post with a little more detail about each class will be in REALM Parents Group and often information about things you might do at home to continue faith formation during the week.
If you are not receiving them please email Mary B. Collins, Director of Lifespan Faith Development & ask to be put in the Parent group for your child(ren).
Sundays At 10:00 am for Rainbow Summer Club – BIRCH room
- PARENT NOTE: This Summer, Lifespan staff will be sporting BLUE collared shirts so you can identify LFD staff in Lower Level or on playground. For Safety: Please continue to sign out your children 3rd grade and under. And please alert them if your child will need supervision in the playground during refreshment time (especially if your child plans to stay in the service upstairs).
- Pre-K to 3rd grade (or up to 5th grade) Start Directly in Lower Level Follow Rainbow signs
- Saturday, August 27
- 1: 00 pm – Youth Group Kick-off – Social time starts (How has your summer gone?)
- 3:00 pm – Parents & Youth Meeting about upcoming year Cal Wacker writes:
“IT IS VITAL THAT AT LEAST ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN IS ABLE TO MEET AT THIS DURING THE DAY. Mary Collins and I will be going over the changes that youth group will have this year, Bring your calendars with you. This will be a two hour info session with break.”
- 5:00 pm – Youth Lock-in begins (need $10 and Permission Form on website to attend. (It also has what to bring) Questions? contact Cal Wacker, Youth Program Director (ends Sunday at 9:00 am)
- Sunday, August 28th
- 10:00 am – Rainbow Chalice Club Pre-K to 3rd graders
- Change of topic this week
- Story video: Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
Each kindness makes the world a little better. Chloe and her friends won’t play with the new girl, Maya. Maya is different–she wears hand-me-downs and plays with old-fashioned toys. Every time Maya tries to join Chloe and her gang, they reject her. Eventually, Maya plays alone, and then stops coming to school altogether. When Chloe’s teacher gives a lesson about how even small acts of kindness can change the world, Chloe is stung by the lost opportunity for friendship, and thinks about how much better it could have been if she’d shown a little kindness toward Maya.~ We will talk about how our words and actions ripple out into the world. And what happens when we don’t get to make things right.
- We also say Goodbye to Sarah Anderson, one of our Sunday Teachers who will be spending her time as a full time teacher!