To all those who so reliably pledge and contribute towards their pledge each year –
Thank you! Without our pledgers, UUWestport would not be where it is today.
Other things you may want to know about pledging:
- Yes – it needs to be done each year. The Stewards reach out in the springtime prior to the start of the fiscal year to gather pledges. A pledge lets us know what you intend to give during the church’s fiscal year which starts in July and runs to June the following year. Based on the total aggregate pledges we can put together a fiscally sound budget.
- It is easy to make a pledge — fill in a pledge card that you get from the Stewards, or log into your Realm profile after March 8, 2016 and enter it there in the Giving tab. Also, you can email Dorothy
or Sue with the amount. Remember to enter the annual amount you are aiming for.
- If you need to change your pledge later on, please email Dorothy or Sue. Just make sure you’ve completed your pledge by June. If your pledge is not fulfilled at the end of June, the subsequent contributions will be applied to that prior year’s pledge until it is fulfilled. Your gifts show in your Realm profile (Giving Tab) so check it if you are not certain where you stand No worries if you contribute more than your pledge amount and non-pledge donations are welcome too.
Contributing to your pledge:
- After you’ve made your pledge, you can start contributing towards it. You can contribute to your pledge in whatever pattern works for you, monthly, or once a year or anything in between.
- Just make sure you’ve completed your pledge by June. If your pledge is not fulfilled at the end of June, the subsequent contributions will be applied to that prior year’s pledge until it is fulfilled. Your gifts show in your Realm profile (Giving Tab) so check it if you are not certain where you stand.
- Multiple ways to contribute:
- Your bank’s online bill pay system. This is a simple, no-fee way to make recurring contributions to UUWestport. Check with your bank for details.
- Use your Realm profile for credit card or eCheck contributions. You enter your card information in the fields in the Giving Tab, just like you would for buying anything online. You can schedule a recurring contribution or a one-time contribution but there are fees. If you have to change your recurring or scheduled contribution, just follow the instructions listed in the FAQ
- A regular paper check – please write “pledge” in the memo line.
- A donation of stock – please email Dorothy or Sue the name of the stock you are donating.
- Donor-advised funds, charitable trusts and family foundation grants. These sources can also be used to make contributions to TUCW under our “intention-to-give” pledge system. The non-tax deductibility of these grants is maintained.
CLICK HERE for information about the 2016-17 Annual Budget Drive
CLICK HERE to sign into your Realm account.
CLICK HERE for the FAQ