Complete REGISTRATION so we have your permission for your children to be active in our program, and know about allergies, behavior policy and if it’s okay if we take pictures of your children
• 2015-2016 RE REGISTRATION at http://goo.gl/forms/ygWgp8T921
Parent Communication NOTE: A short post with a little more detail about each class will be in REALM Parents Group and often information about things you might do at home to continue faith formation during the week.
If you are not receiving them please email Mary B. Collins, DRE & ask to be put in the Parent group for your child(ren).
THIS WEEK IN RE – NOVEMBER 29, 2015
Chalice Lighter’s Sign Up – Find a date that works for your family We hope as many different children/youth get a turn.
CLICK HERE to sign up.
This holiday weekend no classes other than the following. (Note: the service this Sunday is NOT a multigenerational service so our youngest (Pre-K to 1st or 2nd) might be happiest in the lower level this week).
At 9:00 & 11:00 am
- Pre-K (& wiggly children) in PINE room. Topic: Envy and Want vs. Need
The story: “The Knee-High Man” (African American adaptation) shows the main character learning: Be yourself; do not envy those who are bigger, stronger, than you. As we enter the holiday season, it is a reminder to acknowledge that we often have what we truly need to be happy (It’s not about the stuff. It’s about relationships)! Principle 3: Learn togetherPossible activities: “If I were short, I could…” brainstorming (optional measuring with a ruler), “I need, I want… “, optional: List or picture: What animal is most like me? and free play.
- Tuesday, December 1 – Religious Education “Elementary Circle” meeting 7:00-8:30 pm Fellowship Room – RSVP to Michelle Fleisher, Elementary Circle Chair.
If you are a parent/teacher with feedback about Pre-K, K-3, 4-5th grade programming you are invited to give feedback in person, via email or join us virtually (link sent when you RSVP to her)
NOTE these Holiday dates on your calendar:
- Sunday, December 6 & 13th – Wreath Sales – Youth Group will be in the courtyard after services to help you deck the halls!
- Friday, December 11 & 18th – Pageant Rehearsals – 4:30 to 6:00 pm – contact Rev. Ed Thompson, Minister of Music, about your child(ren)’s participation. (You must also be available December 24 2:00 pm dress rehearsal and 4:00 pm Pageant)
- Saturday, December 12 – Holiday Party for All Ages – 5:30 pm Potluck, 6:30 pm Caroling with Ed Thompson (and we will have again teams decorating a person on their team as a “tree”. Look for a sign up genius soon.
- Sunday, December 6 – Adult Ed – Creating A Theology – Spritual Practice – with Rev. John – Meeting House from 12:30 – 2:00 pm RSVP to Adult Education.