Life is all about continuing to learn and grow. We at the Unitarian Church in Westport encourage all who participate here to find their own path to spiritual development. Whether you come from another faith long ago or you have never been part of a faith community, we welcome you.
We have a wide range of classes and groups to participate in:
- Learn about Unitarian Universalism through our newcomer orientations.
- UU Buddhists: they meet weekly and are open to newcomers whether or not they are familiar with Buddhism.
- Small Group Ministry: these groups are another way to get to know others in the congregation in a smaller setting. For more information contact David Vita.
- For those who have been active in the congregation and looking to do more, we have leadership development programs, such as Harvest the Power. Also, many a task force and committee can use your energies. To see all the groups that are active, get logged into your Realm profile. To get started with Realm, email one of the staff for an invite.
- Non-violent Communication training: the techniques taught in this class can help you in your relationships, keeping things calm and harmonious.
We have many ways to volunteer:
- For our children and youth, you can help them along their paths. Volunteers are welcome for both in the Sunday sessions as well as for outings and planning. Please contact one of our LFD Coordinators.
- Going beyond our walls, join us in helping change our society for the better. As Unitarian Universalism is known for doing, we too have a strong, energized set of social justice groups.