CLICK HERE for Summer 2017 10:00 AM programming
During the School year (Septemmber-end of May):
K-3rd “UU Explorers” Groups meet at 9:00 & 11:00 am
Start in Sanctuary, then go to lower level OAK Room and/or PINE Room for older group, depending on size attending.
“UU EXPLORERS”continue to explore our UU Identity (UU women & men, our connections around the world), and World Religions: Jewish and Christian, as well as Hindu and Earth Based religious stories or holidays this year. The sessions will culminate with an opportunity for the children to answer the questions: “What religion are you?” and “What is Unitarian Universalism?” (in an age appropriate way)
Follow up activities will be varied (based on Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences) and the grades may be split K-1st, 2-3rd at times.
Sessions celebrate human diversity and seek to engage us in intercultural competency and respect for others. Through drama, art, music, observation & experiments, and illustrative games, children encounter:
- Experiential learning designed to meet multiple intelligences and learning styles.
- Exploration of UU identity and values,
- World religions sessions this year are: Jewish, Christian, Islam, Buddhist
- Social Justice & other “Faith In Action” opportunities
- And encourage spiritual practice, individually and joining in on several Multi-generational services during the year.
CLICK HERE for registration.