The Unitarian Universalist Principles
- Respect—The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Kindness—Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Spirit—Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- Truth—A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- Voice—The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- Peace—The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Nature—Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
The Unitarian Universalist Sources for Children
- We celebrate the sense of wonder we all share through direct experience.
- We learn from people who are kind and fair.
- We learn from the wisdom of all religions.
- We honor the Christian and Jewish teachings that ask us to love all others as we love ourselves.
- We believe in the use of reason and the discoveries of science.
- We are part of the harmony of nature and the sacred circle of life.
We are Unitarian Universalists. We believe in open minds, helping hands, and loving hearts.
Love is the spirit of this church, and service its law;
This is our great covenant:
To dwell together in peace,
to seek the truth in love,
and to help one another.
~James Vila Blake~
The Unitarian Church in Westport’s Mission Statement:
The Unitarian Church in Westport is a diverse and welcoming religious community, free of creed and dogma, and open to people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
WE INSPIRE and support individual spiritual growth.
WE CONNECT through worship, music, learning, and caring ministries.
WE ACT in the service of peace and justice.