February 18, 2018
CLICK HERE for Behavior Policy for K-12th grade participants at the Unitarian Church in Westport as of June 28, 2017
THIS WEEK INFORMATION for (Pre-K to Grade 5)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2018 At 9:00 and 11:00 am
2nd -5th graders – START & STAY IN SANCTUARY –Notes to Families about the service:
• NEW: A COFFEE TABLE will be IN FRONT of the SANCTUARY with art supplies and carpet squares.
• RESERVED ROWS UP FRONT for 2-5th grade families and so children can see the action better.
• If your child needs to wiggle more – Bring them to the lower level PINE room lower level & sign them in the room – either before or at any time during the service.
PRE-K-and WIGGLY Children (generally younger elementary aged children)
START DIRECTLY in PINE Room – Sign out 15 minutes after the service ends.
Theme for group: Perseverance, Laughter, and Service (Purim) This group will also do a Pre-K friendly version Purim story of Queen Esther saving her people and talking about how families celebrate with costumes and fun – which helps people to persevere hard times. They will also create a treat for the giving away (as is a custom) as there service action today.
CLICK HERE for Pre-K & Wiggly children’s FAMILY “TAKE-IT-HOME” for this week.
Sunday, Feb.ruary 25th Family Ministry Sampler – after the services in East Wing
Small groups will pick a quote from a basket & with art materials draw or collage your definition of Perseverance
And more Upcoming First Tuesdays: March 6th & May 1st from 7:00-8:00 pm,
April 3 Potluck and worship 6:30-8:00 pm
YOUTH GROUP INFO:
NEXT YEAR’s PROGRAMMING INFORMATION FOR ALL OF LFD THIS SUNDAY (February 18) IN THE FOYER AFTER BOTH SERVICES:
After both services the LFD staff will be in the foyer to share about our planning for next year’s programming for Pre-K-12th grade
SPECIAL THANKS – GILLESPIE DAY: Special thanks are due to Cathy McElroy and Maggie Blau, youth and all involved for their outstanding help, supervision and guidance to the young youth on Gillespie Day last Sunday, February 11, on which food (lunch) was prepared at TUCW and served to the homeless/hungry at the Gillespie Center in Westport.
YOUTH GROUP CLASSES FOR February 18, 2018
• 6th-7th Graders: No class, kindly attend service.
• 8th-9th grades: No class, kindly attend service.
• 10th-12th grades (Youth Group): TENTATIVE: Meeting House, Lower Floor, 11:00 am: Seeking Advisors for this one
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES!: Friday, March 2, 6:00-10:00 pm (PLEASE be prompt), Meeting House, main floor: Our first of hopefully many FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES! This will be another double feature and childcare will be provided for the second movie! The first movie will start PROMPTLY at 6:30. There will be a 10 minute break between movies and the second one will follow. There will be no money donation collected at this event; though future events may be fundraisers (if approved and all TUCW procedures followed). The first film we will be showing will be: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049470/?ref_=nv_sr_2 The second film will be: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5649144/?ref_=nv_sr_1 For the second film, a permission slip will be necessary for any youth and the parent MUST also be there. CLICK HERE for the permission slip. BYOP (bring your own popcorn, pizza, pepsi): Please bring something to share at 6:00; first showing is at 6:30. Childcare will be provided during the second movie on the lower floor of the Meeting House. NOTE: The first film was created in 1956; there was an earlier film (1934) with the same name and with the same director. We will be showing the 1956 film. Future film suggestions are always welcome.
Sunday, February 18th: Food drive at the Wilton Stop & Shop – see elsewhere or kindly contact Cynthia Potter if more information is needed.
Sat-Sun February 24-25: Youth Con sponsored by 1)TUCW, 2)The Universalist Church in West Hartford and 3)The Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Hartford. CLICK HERE for permission form.
March 24-March 25, 2:00 AM (Midnight Run): 8th-9th graders sort clothes and prepare food to be distributed to the homeless and hungry in New York city. Kindly bring pants, jackets, underpants, socks toiletries and place in bin in sanctuary. Some future dates with more information coming March 3 – Barn Dance, May 5: Beach clean-up, May 12 Midnight Run.
CLICK HERE for flyer. CLICK HERE for permission slip.
Some future dates with more information coming or already found elsewhere:
• March 3 – Barn Dance/ Pot luck at 6:00 pm. See elsewhere or contact Cathy McElroy if more info is needed
• March 3-4 -Youth Con in Summit: Spiritual Sustenance and Fun Overnight: CLICK HERE for information.
• Sunday, March 25th at the Westport Stop & Shop – See elsewhere or contact Cathy McElroy if more info is needed
• April 5-7 – UUUNO Intergenerational Seminar
• April 20-22 – Social Con
• April 21-22 – *8th-9th graders going to Boston as part of Coming of Age Program
• May 5 – Youth group Beach clean-up with “lock-in” at TUCW following
• May 12 – 8th-9th graders Midnight Run – all welcome
• May 27 – Youth group graduating seniors’ bridging preparation
• June 3 – Youth bridging graduating seniors’ “review”
• June 10 – Youth graduating seniors’ Bridging ceremony