as of 1/10/2012
It is important to note that forums that exist on TUCW website can be seen as representing the views of the Church. Therefore the Board of Trustees is obligated to sanction the forums that will be hosted there and has adopted the following policies.
- All groups or members seeking online forums to be hosted on our congregational website must receive written approval from the Communications Committee of the Board of Trustees of TUCW.
- Forums will be approved based upon their usefulness to the congregants of the TUCW and appropriateness for inclusion on our site.
- In the case of routine subject matter the Communications Committee may give immediate approval. In the case of more controversial matters the decision will be referred to the entire Board for vote. The BOT may rescind approval previously given by the Communications Committee or the BOT should a majority decide that a forum does not conform to the policies contained here in
- All participants must register, and agree in advance to adhere to the PARTICIPANTS’ AGREEMENT FOR UCW ONLINE FORUMS.
- No fewer that two moderators must be identified and dedicated to each forum. Moderators must be committed to regular oversight of at least 3 times per week. Any moderator of a forum may remove a posting subject to the further review of the other moderators. Moderators are obligated to be bound by the same terms as the PARTICIPANTS’ AGREEMENT FOR UCW ONLINE FORUMS. Moderators may ban participants who do not conform to the PARTICIPANTS’ AGREEMENT FOR UCW ONLINE FORUMS
- In the case of forums that allow the participation of youth (members or congregants who are 14 through 17 years old), the Director of Religious Education (DRE) and the Communications Committee of the BOT must approve the creation of the forum, and the DRE, or their designate, and at least two moderators must be assigned to regular oversight and moderation duties. Submissions to any forum including youth must be reviewed and approved by moderators prior to posting.