We offer Unitarian Universalist faith-based workshops, classes, and practice groups that focus on deepening inner and outer spiritual connections and exploring how we live our lives as Unitarian Universalists.
Programming varies from one-time to multiple sessions, or ongoing. All require some form of registration so we know who and how many will be attending. Some are on ZOOM, others are in-person, and a few are offered in hybrid form.
Our aim is to provide a variety of learning experiences in terms of topics and the form of participation, engaging the body, the mind, and the heart.
Contact Linda Lubin, Volunteer Lead of Adult Faith Formation
The Vision of Adult Faith Formation is to inspire and support individual spiritual growth in connection with others through life-long learning.
We are committed to the exploration of shared questions, joys, and concerns that enable us to grow within, among, and beyond ourselves. We create programs that will engage and deepen the whole person: body, mind, and spirit, through education, experience, and ritual. We embrace the wisdom and essence of multiple world religions, belief system, arts, and philosophies. Together we develop the three sacred practices of listening – to each other, the world, and our deepest selves.
Throughout the year we will be offering a wide variety of programming all developed in alignment with our Vision and our Mission. Programs will be listed in SOUNDINGS, on the TUCW website on the Adult Faith Formation page, and notices will go out to the broader Westport/Fairfield community through various media outlets.
All our Soul Matters programs come under the umbrella of Adult Faith Formation, and they are all on-going. They include our Sharing Circles, UU Writers, and Creativity Matters. Details may be found on our website and in SOUNDINGS.
Additionally, during 2021-22 we will be offering programming including:
- Monthly Podcast discussion series – Rev. John – Ongoing
- Qigong 6-week series on ZOOM – Julia Moffat – Fall 2021
- Spiritual/Sacred Texts: A Discussion Series – 6 congregants – Winter 2022
- Season of Hope – Tom Hearne – Winter 2022
- Braiding Sweetgrass series – Rev. Jim Francek, Kim Warman and Grandmother Nancy – Winter 2022
- Aging to Saging series – Rev. Jim Francek – Spring 2022
- Wisdom from Major Religions in the World: a discussion series – 6-8 congregants – Spring 2022
- Buddhist Practice Group – Nina Nagy – Ongoing
- Sunday Morning Meditation – Janet Luongo – Ongoing 2022
- UU Writers Monthly Program – Sari Bodi – Ongoing
- Creative Matters – Janet Luongo – Winter 2022
- Lent/Passover: Traditional Readings as Metaphor – Tom Hearne – Winter 2022
Our Adult Faith Formation Team
Rev. Dr. John Morehouse; Linda Lubin (Team Lead), Rev. Laurie Andersen, Dayle Brownstein, Jamie Forbes, Rev. Jim Francek, Tom Hearne, Cheryl Dixon Paul; and Kim Warman