The Nominating Committee (NC) is charged with finding qualified candidates to fill vacant positions on elected committees prior to the Annual Meeting and on an as needed basis.
- Seek to identify committed members of the congregation who complement the existing members on the various committees.
- Gather information on the interests, abilities and talents of all members and make this information available to standing and elected committees of the congregation as needs arise.
- Publicize opportunities for greater involvement in Congregational life including information on open positions on the Board and Elected Committees, and solicit applications from among members.
- Identify and maintain an ongoing and updated list of members of the congregation who have indicated interest in serving in volunteer or elected positions.
- Consider and promote leadership opportunities to cultivate members for future leadership roles. Try to promote a culture of leadership and voluntarism in the Congregation.
- The NLDC may find and nominate qualified candidates for non-elected committees, such as Finance or Human Resources, if so requested by the Board.
The NLDC consists of five members, who serve a two-year term that begins at the Annual Meeting. One member will act as chair and will have served on the previous year’s NLDC. The five nominees for the NLDC shall be selected by the sitting Committee. No member of the sitting Committee may be nominated to an elected position by the Committee.
Contact: Nominating Committee (NC)
- Jim Cooper (2023) – co-chair
- Joann Coviello (2023) – co-chair
- Kristine Oulman (2023)
- Eileen Belmont (2024)
- Cathy McElroy (2024)
Official Form for Nomination by Petition
CLICK HERE for the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee’s charter.