The mission of United with Kenya (“UwK”) is to work in partnership with communities in Kenya to promote health and educational well-being.
UwK’s work is currently focused in the village of Chepsaita and the goals for our work there in the coming year are to:
- Expand our Amani Naweri Apprenticeship Program for at-risk out-of-school youth;
- Help stabilize operations for our recently-opened Children’s Community Library;
- Continue the support of parent-teachers in the primary school;
- Complete the second of two water extension projects;
- Identify a new activity in conjunction with our partners in the village having achieved all of our water-related goals upon completion of the second water extension project;
- Begin the organization of our third intergenerational trip that will take place in the summer of 2016.
UwK is a registered 501(c)(3) organization. The Board of Directors is currently comprised of:
Dan Iacovella – President
Anna Jones-Iacovella – Vice President
Sherry Jagerson – Secretary
Anne Khanna – Treasurer
Joan Duncan – At-Large
Kristen Leddy – At-Large
CLICK HERE for United with Kenya’s charter.